The American Association of University Women advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, research, and philanthropy. AAUW was founded in 1881 and is headquartered in Washington, D.C. The local Chico Branch AAUW was founded in 1920.
Who We Are:
- By joining AAUW, we belong to a community that breaks through educational and economic barriers so that all women have a fair chance. AAUW membership is open to all graduates holding a recognized associate (or equivalent), baccalaureate, or higher degree from a qualified educational institution.
- In principle and in practice, AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or class.
- We provide lifelong education via Monthly Interest Groups
- We're actively involved in our community
- We publish a monthly newsletter, the Chico Grapevine
- We maintain a history of branch activities and accomplishments
- We support and contribute to the National AAUW Organization through AAUW Funds
Branch membership offers friendship with like-minded people and an arena for making a positive contribution in your community. Membership at the branch level includes both California membership and National membership.Click here for our Bylaws.
Membership is open to persons of any gender who hold an associate
degree or higher. Students working toward
a qualifying degree may become student affiliates.